View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 06:39 PM   #25 (permalink)
MJB
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: a POS truck
MJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Your first sentence points to low key fob battery. I had ESCL Rev D stock, but I still removed the fuse. About 9 months later, the start delay is still very occasional.
Negative... that was the first thing I did. Replaced batteries in both keys. Same thing would happen. Sometimes it would start the first push of the start button, other times the "no key" would light up on the display and show the "insert key into port" picture.... Sometimes if the car wouldn't start using the button, I could hit the unlock button on my key while I was in the car, and then push the start button and everything started like normal.. It was like the ECU was confused or something after I removed the steering lock fuse, like it couldn't read the key anymore unless I plugged it into the port...

Anyways, everything is good now. And as far as I know, my REV C was working fine... I only bought a REV D because a member on here was selling it for dirt cheap. So after I put the fuse back in, I went ahead and installed the new lock... starts with absolutely no problems.
09 Nismo #0483 sold. Viper or C7 next time around.
MJB is offline   Reply With Quote