View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 04:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
enkei2k
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 G41 B/S M6
enkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
Simple truth is, if they want to steal your car, they'll find a way. I think your best bet is something like lojack.
Yes, you're right about that. I may invest in LoJack instead in the near future when/if I decide to mod my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Nismo#91 View Post
Just be mindful of the range, 1500ft is under ideal conditions (a straight unobstructed line from transmitter to receiver). Any obstructions like other cars, walls, bushes, etc. will all cut down that distance. The best systems are ones that use the cell network to send you a message like the previously mentioned lojack with the early warning system. It can email, page, text, and call you a friend or relative.

The onion is a humor website, but its just there to show that no one cares when a car alarm goes off even people with car alarms. If you're in a store, and an alarm goes off in the parking lot outside, do you immediately think it's your car and come rushing out?
http://www.transalt.org/files/newsro...rms/report.pdf
I agree that most people won't care, but that's where the 2 way alarm comes in handy. If I hear an alarm and I look at the receiver and it says it's my car, I'll be out there right away. If I didn't have a 2 way installed, I may mind my own business while my car gets jacked.

I was having dinner one night and heard an alarm go off. I parked right near the entrance so I thought it was mine, I did go out to check to see if it was my car (thankfully not). I've never heard my Z's factory alarm so I don't know how it sounds like lol.

I do appreciate you giving me all this info though