View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 08:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
sbkim
Base Member

Drives: RRSC
sbkim is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by subic bay View Post
I'm thinking to buy either a 370Z or GTR. Im used to cars with lots of horsepower like the M5, RS4, Cayman S. I've been lucky enough to own them all. The M5 was with awesome power, but a pig to drive. The RS4 ( My Favorite of the three ) was all round grate, but with the four wheel drive a bit boring. the cayman S was Fun, real fun, but under powered.

So what next a 370Z or GTR. Problem is the GTR will have Zero back up support here in the Philippines, My concern is the 370Z is gonna be disappointing on power. And only got two seats. Though im sure is will be fun to slide around corners and my local track.

My concern with the GTR is going to be like the RS4 and a bit of a bore,
and a worry to maintain.

What would you buy if the budget we not the issue, and you wanted to have some thing exciting to hack around in, and put a smile on your face. ??

( I think the Z is better looking )
Interesting post because I was also cross shopping various vehicles, including GTR, 08 Viper, and used 997TT. And guess, what? I may be going with 370z. I am also used to driving high power vehicles - had a modified Viper. Now, I am looking for a nice fast cruiser at a reasonable price. I have yet to drive a 370z and if it performs as reviewed by mags, it should feel comparable to my old 335i coupe which is "acceptable".

I agree with your comments that maintenance on GTR could be an issue - esp if you are importing through "gray market" and that Z looks better than GTR. GTR is a great car with amazing performance but I am just not digging the looks (very subjective of course) and probably won't get me too excited. 997TT isn't much of a looker but at least it carries a nice cache.

Another car you should perhaps consider is the upcoming Audi RS5. I have my name on the list at a local dealer. They initially slated release in Jan during Detroit auto show but looks like it's being delayed.

a couple photoshopped Rs5..

Last edited by sbkim; 01-25-2009 at 08:47 AM.
sbkim is offline   Reply With Quote