View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 01:07 PM   #2889 (permalink)
dmhenderson
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: AWD TT 370z
dmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4r3s View Post
I hear what you are saying but to have gauges removed because you don't like them?? I'm an engineer so I guess I understand some of these things better than most but the point of any type of gauge is to relay information. One would think you would figure out what said gauge's information is depicting and then decide whether or not to pull the gauges based on the importance of the information. If someone felt it was important enough to install the gauges in the first part I would assume that the information was critical enough that you should probably leave them be. But that's just the engineer in me I guess.
My point was that it sounds to me like the car is running too much boost which probably led to engine failure. The gauge would be necessary to make that diagnosis prior to y'know..dumping oil all over the road.
It wasn't initially a boosted motor sooo...I'd say that the gauges would be pretty necessary.

Am I wrong here?

Also I wasn't calling her out. Were you calling me out? I don't understand. I was trying to help her troubleshoot because she has family coming over this week to help her work on the car.
I posted this here to ask for opinions, not make fun of her...?

Last edited by dmhenderson; 07-01-2013 at 01:14 PM.
dmhenderson is offline   Reply With Quote