Thread: Fan Upgrade
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 12:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stino View Post
I held off on purchasing the CSF because it's only 30mm thick and 1 row.

You may want to do some research on the NEW Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator. Click here for engineering report. It's 40mm thick and has 2 rows. I installed this radiator several weeks ago and I'm extremely happy with the quality and performance. I don't have any technical data, however, one thing I noticed is that my oil temps with 25 row cooler usually hovered around 195-220. Now my oil temps pretty much stay a constant 180 - 190. If it has this kind of effect on my oil temps, it must be cooling extremely well.

Check out my install pictures here.
I will have to look at the actual flow design of it, bigger is not always better with these things. Also, I am not going to replace my CSF as it performs very well for basic needs but looking for the next step above that. Which I figured would be the fans to help move the air more efficiently.

A vented hood is in the works, probably by years end at the latest. Need my factory hood for something else, will share later. My idea is if I do the vented hood and can easily upgrade the fans it will be a double bonus, but it is sounding like the fans might be more work than originally thought.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote