View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
I need to go drive one again to see if the car is really as good as it looks. I am intrigued by the DSG as I want an automatic, yet I don't want to deal with a conventional automatic since most of them lag and can't make utp heir own mind to save their life. It's not so much a speed thing, it's a matter of how it is done. I have driven and owned many fast cars, I don't care if the TT is slower or faster. It's just what I think might work for right now. Of course the price is little hard to swallow, but I shall see. I might wait another year or two and get a Tesla instead
That is more true on automatics with more than 5 conventional speeds. But you only experience that in automatic mode when your foot changes pressure on the gas pedal constantly. I drive calm in automatic mode, aggressive in manual mode. So the ASC gets similar inputs for auto mode all the time. ASC delays when you don't know how to drive the Nissan auto. If your foot is bi polar in auto mode? So will ASC. In manual. Theres no ASC, only DRM.
It's not so much that DSG does it better. It's that the DRIVER needs to understand the technology he's working with.

That said, I would very much prefer DSG if i were modding. Either way bruh, it's your money. Buy what you like. But don't fall into so-called "purist BS" about autos on stock cars. (speaking from a nissan Z/G standpoint)