View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 08:39 PM   #238 (permalink)
Mr&Mrs
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: RZ34
Mr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoquad View Post
lol no they aren't

They've still taken a huge hit to their reputation and many people have been turned off. I'll tolerate extra lag for free online play and no kinect tax
Sony is not free anymore man!

Quote:
Srsly, this thread has become the xbox fanboy thread, so I'm done with it. I've said my piece, and all I see now are page after page of non-news presented like it's CHECKMATE, SONY, YOU LOSE.

It was fun before, now it's just annoying.

It's all hype until release. I won't buy at release regardless. I'll wait for you early adopters to suffer all the catastrophic failures and provide reviews of the actual systems.

PS is my likely winner here, unless MS backs off of requiring a kinect.
Sorry if im sounding like a fanboy I do not think I am. Just discussing my points of why im choosing the Xbox One for online games. Please do not forget im getting both systems at launch. I will give a fair unbiased opinion on both as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfsammich View Post
I didn't read the entire thread, sorry if I missed it.

Will the 300k servers host, instead of relying on the user with the least latency to host (eg, COD)?

If the bit about the servers doing more heavy lifting in general makes online matches faster/smoother/bigger, then Xbox one just for that.

Tapatalk ...
The 300k servers will act as computing power and dedicated severs for almost all of the games. No more host migrating when the player host drops out

Quote:
Microsoft Windows has been more secured, but it is still not "secure" because of some of their design decisions. But some of its rep as insecure is undeserved. Most attacked because most popular, as I'm sure you know.

But I don't have faith in any game console for security
There is no good reason to hack a console the way they are designed it is nearly impossible to plant a worm or virus. Even if they did nothing could be recovered that is of any use. All critical data is stored server side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmkraft12 View Post
The cloud computing to produce 5Teraflops is ridiculous. It makes absolutely no sense and is just a way of Microsoft covering there tracks for have a less technologically advanced system. Cloud computing at its fastest would take roughly 100 ms. A game running at 30 fps only has 33 ms to render each frame. So even if the so called cloud computing did make any sense it would cause huge amounts of lag in games. And also microsofts systems will have no possible way of renderinging 4k. Maybe at like 8 fps.
You are thinking to narrow minded, the 5Tflops is also theoretical which is how it has been advertised as far as I have seen. Time will tell how well the system does @ 4k at least the ability is there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzel View Post
No it does happen on xbox to. But they shut down my account, reimbursed me, and then some. On the PS3 they just said sorry pretty much just told me to grab the vaseline

Sent with TapAhoe
Yep my account got hacked and they took care of me. I could of had my account back the same day but I happened to be out of town on vacation so I told them to leave it locked out until I got home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Firehawk View Post
I believe the reason why MS is expanding the servers so aggressively is not for Xbox Live. The big reason is the cloud computing. what many of you fail to realize is what do you need 300,000 of them for? Many of you are bringing up these poll times. MS isn't stupid and they realize this. Nearly the entire internet switches and routes at line speed. What does that mean? It means these routers can make a decision and route your traffic as fast as it can come in; likewise the switches. Having 300k servers allows them to strategically place them in major cities and provide adequate coverage around the world. 30ms timer to send data back and forth is plenty of time. Unfortunately, that basically guarantees games will stay at 30fps and not make the jump to 60fps. Just a little food for thought.
Bingo someone knows his stuff

Please do not get offended at the information I am posting, I promise as soon as I get numbers and server power from Sony I will be posting it here. I have no intent of being a fanboy and have tried discouraging any comments that lean that direction.

We all just want accurate details and as much information that can be gathered before launch. Lets keep it up!