View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 10:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
jcosta79
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
jcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisi145 View Post
I live in the desert where temperatures reach upwards of 130 F. I usually wont' race if it's above 100. My car has seen track time, and a brand new set of stock brakes burned out after about 5 laps.

So I need racing brake fluid, racing brakes, and I was thinking about some new rotors.

I don't want to spend a ton of money, and I don't want them to look strange and/or make extra noise or anything. I want them to work better than stock brakes but I'm not looking to trick out my car.

Thanks for the ideas, but anyone got a link to a set of brakes that aren't huge calipers?

Daisi
Honestly, I would spend my money on:
  • A good racing brake fluid like Castrol SRF
  • A set of stainless steel brake lines (I believe StopTech makes a set)
  • A set of 2 piece rotors that will fit your stock calipers (I am assuming you have the Sports Package brakes) that I believe StopTech makes for the car
  • A brake cooling kit that mounts on the spindles and ducts cool air into your rotors (I'm not sure who makes this for the 370Z but I have seen guys that have it)
  • A set of track day pads

These mods will probably serve you better than just buying a big brake kit which will still likely require you to add at least some of the mods mentioned above anyway.
2012 PW NISMO #0559 - GT Spec Brace Kit - Swift Springs - ARK TP & Invidia CBE K&N Intake - UpRev Tune - 15mm Z1 Spacers & Studs - StopTech Slotted Rotors & SS Lines - ZSpeed CMAK with Stage 2 Clutch and Lightweight Flywheel
jcosta79 is offline   Reply With Quote