Thread: New help ASAP!
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
blackcherry20
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: ‘17 badazz Z51
blackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddudesrule View Post
First off, thanks for the help. Sometimes I think we just need to bounce things around to keep the stress level mechanical problems cause down.

Once I removed the wheel, caliper and rotor from the opposite side, it just took a couple of minutes of comparing the e-brake systems to see that I had knocked the lower mount point off the passenger side when I "persuaded" the rotor on the night before. The bottom of the e-brake shoes rest on a fixed metal piece, and in forcing the rotor on, I had knocked one side off. This alone caused the rotor to mount slightly crooked, the rotor to contact the caliper, and the hub seize up. We're talking a matter of 3-4 millimeters! Man it doesn't take much to throw everything into wack.

Lesson is, I should have used less force mounting the rotor, which caused the whole problem in the first place.

Fixed. Thats the important part!!