View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 08:49 AM   #354 (permalink)
SPOHN
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Waiting on next Z
SPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0velMan View Post
I dunno man, these are the same guys that sell stroker VQ's for 24 grand.

You're gonna spend 5-7K on the LS and tranny, 500-1000 on a drive shaft and maybe 300-400 on motor mounts... a little on some gauges (can vary wildly depending on how cool you are) and after that it's all labor.
Comparing strokers to LS motors are a BIG difference. Strokers are very expensive for there not common for one thing. All the parts are custome made down to the block themselves. Not to mention the heads. There you have 10K+ in parts alone.

LS swap is not cheap either. I have several friends with kits. The motor/ tranny can be 9K-12K. Then custom driveshaft, harness, plus other odds and ends.

In the long run it's all costly. But more importantly is the direction you want to go. I feel the GTM V8 will be best bet. If you could find a blown VK for super cheap with the block in great condition would be your best bet. Avoid a lot of cost instead of buying a new bare long block for GTM. You wont catch me dead with anything other than a Nissan motor in my car.