View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 09:04 AM   #58 (permalink)
bigaudiofanat
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX52Z View Post
Because I'm still stuck on the grey/blue and grey/red wires being connected properly. No matter what I do, the Axxess only sees one of them: #16 blue to grey/blue wire but not the pink wire. When I hook it up incorrectly, then the Axxess sees the #6 pink to grey/red wire but not the blue wire.

It's frustrating because the Axxess sees one but not both. Following the directions precisely, I only get volume control but defying the instructions, all the buttons on the steering wheel respond (somewhat).

So, I'm wondering if the Axxess even needs the second connection at all because if all the steering wheel buttons are responding (somewhat) to my purposefully reversed wiring, then I'm questioning if I'm then able to manually program the buttons to function correctly.

In short: Follow Axxess instructions, get only volume. Defy Axxess instructions and get all buttons to respond (but still need manual programming).

I haven't yet tried manual programming because I don't know how. The instructions are like 13 pages of "hold the vol up button until something blinks" then count some other blinks and then down vol until something else blinks so you can skip to the next button to program, etc. I know you could do it blindfolded but it's still daunting for me.
Once again I say this, if your only getting volume hyou are NTO doing a manual program you are doing a auto program. You need to reset the unit wait for the light to go into a slow flash and in this order:

Hold volume up wait for red light to go solid red let go

Hold Volume down wait for red light to go solid let go

Hold seek up down wait for red light to go solid let go

Hold Seek down wait for red light to go solid let go

Hold Source down wait for red light to go solid let go

Hold volume up for at least 10 seconds the red light will go into a slow blink let go

Hold volume down for 5 seconds the red light will start flashing rapidly let go

Hold volume down until light turns solid red.

Your done.
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote