Thread: MAZOC Firearms
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 04:12 AM   #1992 (permalink)
VABAM
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with VDC off.
VABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond repute

Just for the record this is what I meant by "Hollywood" Grip or aka gripping the pistol low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
I saw the video of the woman who got an XDS, and it wasnt cycling properly. Hubby held it instead, fired perfect every time...
Saw that vid too.
Same story but reverse for me.
Works perfect for me.
Others have issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
I intend to get an XDS 45 at some point - my father has one, and it'll make a great CC weapon whenever that comes around...
I have a Crimson Trace laser on mine and with a pocket holster it looks like a wallet in my front pocket.
Link to Laser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCarMan View Post
That "limp wrist" FTF problem is shown in this video:
I can't watch the video (internet sucks where I am at currently) so I don't know if this was covered in the video so.....

I wouldn't classify what my XDS does as an Failure to Feed (FTF). What happens with my XDS when some people shoot it is the slide doesn't go all the way back into battery (failure to go into battery). It is out of battery just enough to keep it from firing. (Thankfully! An out of battery discharge would suck!) To correct it only requires smacking the rear of the slide to push it the rest of the way forward. So far the cause is always due to poor grip technique. Once the poor grip technique is corrected the issue goes away. Now with some people proper grip technique is not enough like the lady in the video that Bobo was talking about. Some one with small/petite hands might have issues with the XDS (in .45 ACP). I have large/strong hands and have no issues with shooting pistols with high recoil.

The point I would like to make is if you are in the market for a XDS (in .45 ACP) I would highly suggest trying it out before getting one.

Just for review purposes....
So far I have had no cycling issues with my XDS no matter what ammo I use including +P ammo. (when I'm shooting it )