Thread: Never Wet Spray
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 01:23 AM   #14 (permalink)
axmea?
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: WELL ZED PW 6MT
axmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond repute

Great product. Wish this was around when my kids were just babies. I'd spray them with this stuff but not on my Z.........here's why (user feedback from home depot):

The Never-wet spray certainly does work, but for darker colored finishes the top coat leaves a white film unless you spray very very lightly so I am not sure how it will hold up over the long run because the spray was so light. Or, spray the normal coverage amount as directed and be completely protected from the rain/moisture but have to deal with white filmy looking spots

After treating my running shoes, I decided to try my work boots. They are a black smooth leather finish. After following the directions and applying the coats, I noticed that while they bead excellently, they had turned my once black boots a frosted blueish color. I expected a frosted black, but not a frosted blue. They do repel water very well now though!
Overall, this product is good. It has a few drawbacks, but if you're willing to make a few sacrifices for a great liquid repellant, I'd highly suggest this product.

The product definitely works as advertised, at least temporarily. However, there are some downsides:
- It doesn't dry clear. The directions do mention that it will dry to a "flat, milky haze", but the spade looked like it had permanently been left outside overnight and was covered in frost.
- The coating comes off on your hands with light handling. It almost looks like chalk, and feels a little sticky.
- After two weeks of being left outside through a couple rainstorms, the coating has come about halfway off. The water doesn't bead up on the parts the coating has worn off of anymore.

>MyZ's Album< NISMO Convert/ECUTEK/Takeda CAI/F.I. HFC NR CB Carbon/F.I. 34 Row Oil Cooler/4.08 Final Drive /Powertrix+Swifts/Hotchkis/SPL/Whiteline/TWM/Zoom Engineering/EVO-R/AeroJacket Vented CF Fenders + CF Spoiler/Avant Garde-WORK/NST/Morimoto Halo/STi Clear Lenses/Carbon Signal Automotive/RJM Performance/ZSpeed Clutch Flywheel CSC delete
axmea? is offline   Reply With Quote