View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 11:06 AM   #36 (permalink)
kidkotic2001
Track Member

Drives: Like Crazy
kidkotic2001 is just really nicekidkotic2001 is just really nicekidkotic2001 is just really nicekidkotic2001 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Frye View Post
Guys, you own a high performance sports car. You need to have a quality tire gauge in your glovebox and bother to check the tires every couple of weeks, and also do a visual inspection for nails or screws that seem to have an uncanny ability to get oriented point up and puncture the tires. And also check your oil and other fluids frequently, and check the pressure in your spare every 2-3 months as it needs to be at 60 PSI to be safe and will slowly lose pressure over time.
A few weeks ago just as I was about to get on the freeway, the TPS went off. I pulled over, got out my gauge, did a quick walk around and sure enough found a phillips head screw in the left front tire. It had already lost almost 10 lbs. Luckily I was close to a gas station, inflated the tire back up and went to Discount Tires for a patch job right away. It would not have been pleasant to change the tire on the freeway shoulder although I am completely prepared for such an emergency.
Take the responsibility of owning and maintaining your Z seriously or turn in your man card.
Well I got home yesterday after a long day of work and checked my tires with my gauge. Found that my left passenger tire was missing air and saw a nice nail on it. I will be taking it the tire to get patched up today.