View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 08:17 AM   #35 (permalink)
Chuck33079
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370ztt
Chuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
oh boy.....talk about dejavu. Not much of a story, but I have to share.

I was filling up gas yesterday and hear this guy honking his horn and signaling to me like he was in trouble. I walk over and it's a guy in the passenger seat, about 55-65 years old, and ask if I could help him. I'm thinking he needs directions to the hospital close by or something crazy.........nope......I kid you not....his low tire pressure light was on.... left front tire to be exact. I look down and it looks a bit deflated. I tell him "there is an air compressor about 20 feet from you, just put a quarter in." He looks at me confused and asked if I could do it.....in which I reply "I don't work here." I tell him he might have a nail or something and should just fill it with more air until he can get to a shop. He ask if I can take a look at the tire again and see if there really is a nail. I take a quick look and don't see anything. I tell him again to just fill his tire with air.....He says, it can't be a flat, he just had his oil changed a two weeks ago. I just walk away and let the gas attendant do it. He goes to the attendant and gives him the same speech. The attendant shakes his head at me and smiles as I pull out of the gas station. I see him in my rear view mirror putting a quarter in the machine and putting air in the tire.

How a grown a$$ man has gone through decades of life without knowing how to put air in a tire is beyond me. I just couldn't believe it happened a few hours after reading this silly thread.
Wow. That's why TPMS is mandatory now. People like that wouldn't notice until they had a blowout and killed themselves.