View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 07:19 AM   #275 (permalink)
gurneyeagle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 Audi TT RS
gurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond repute

That's what I needed to know Rusty. Thank you for taking time from your vacation to answer my question.

My only concern is making sure that the duct fits flush with the bumper. I noticed that the top outside edge of each duct has a slight contour to match the bumper as it curves around and I didn't want to cut a hole that was an inch out of alignmnet one way or another.

Again, apologies for interupting your vacation. Have a great time and check back when you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
I made templates by tracing around the outside edge of the ducts. Then I position the templates on the bumper. Held them on with tape. Drilled a couple of small holes in the center of the template to check on my positioning. Think I ended up about 1 1/2" away from the grille opening. Should of gone closer. Like 1 1/4". As for up and down. I position the template about in the middle of the body line on top and the spoiler on the bottom.

I can't get to my Nismo for a couple of days to look at it. I'm on vacation, 4wheeling my Power Wagon. If you still have questions, feel free to ask.
Waiting on the Z35! SOLD - 2011 Gun Metallic Touring 7AT w Sports Pkg & Nav, Nismo Bumper and Rims, RC Grille, RC Brake Ducts, H&R Spacers, Painted Door Hdls, GTR Start Button, Nav By-Pass, EVO R Fog Light, CF Ducktail, CF Interior Trim
gurneyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote