View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 05:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
scottIN
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z
scottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
I am painting the roof deck lid and rear bumper and it is 4500
In gold??? No way it should be that much.

To the OP: you really don't want a complete respray on a new car. I've seen few after market paint jobs that are even close to a factory job. Even Nissan's crappy factory paint.

I had the same issue with my Solid Red. And I'm pretty sure they took a broom to it to clean the snow off since it's only horizontal surfaces. I got it as good as I could and then just use waxes with fillers. It's still not as good with my truck with 120,000 miles on it, but it's better. And it will always bother me until the day I sell the car. They weren't supposed to do anything but pull the plastic off before delivery. They obviously washed it, and probably cleaned it with a broom.

You might look into a wetsanding and a light over spray of clear. I've heard of that being successful. You soften the scratches with the wetsand and then a light spray of clear gives you some more material to work with and buff out. Keep in mind that the scratches aren't in the color, but in the clear. If you want a good opinion, take some high quality photos and post them up on Autopia with your story and see what everyone there has to say.
scottIN is offline   Reply With Quote