Thread: Touchy Clutch
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 02:35 PM   #33 (permalink)
jookiyaya
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 40th Z!?!?
jookiyaya is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethe370z View Post
When at the dealership I test drove three Zs that when you raised the RPM in first while moving, then jumped on the clutch, there would be this strange "clang clang clang" noise coming from the bell housing / transmission area of the car. Has anyone experienced this? Gear slap maybe? Or clutch??

It was very disconcerting.
thats the new clutch youre hearing.
when i first got my Z i think 2 weeks down the line before i got fired, i was kinda pissed off for some reason i dont remember (maybe the idea that i was GOING to be fired) and i remember coming home and popping the clutch in reverse and parking into my garage all within less than 15 seconds. which is ridiculous because normal conditions take 2+ minutes for me.

within this time frame, with a bit of anger and rage remaining from work related crap, i distinctly remember hearing that 'clanging' sound from within the chassis below my seat, and i was thinking sh!*, then i realized, my 2000 civic didnt do that, then i remembered my salesperson from nissan calling me nonstop for 2 weeks saying the trade in went foul because the clutch on the civic was that bad.

my point is, during the whole time i had my civic and rough driving, never ever did i hear 'clanging'. then again i never had a new vehicle. this civic was back from 2000.

so to sum it up, go easy , be gentle , she will reward you ^__^ haha