View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 01:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Eighties Meta
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370z 7AT no-sport
Eighties Meta is on a distinguished road
Default Power steering fluid boil?

The one odd thing at the last track day was at the end of my final session when I parked, I saw steam(smoke) coming up from what I thought the passenger wheel and over the hood. after opening the hood there appeared to be some liquid splashes (a very small amount) on the passenger front left side just under the Power steering fluid reservoir, least, I think it's the power steering fluid reservoir. now that I think about it, whatever that is. The top was wet so I dried that off and am just assuming that's what it was. No codes showed on the car and I drove home from NJ (2.5 hours) no problem and no problems today.

I just don't recall anyone ever mentioning Power steering fluid boiling or overheating? wtf?

It was extremely hot and humid throughout the entire day. about 95 and humid although the my oil temps seemed to never get above 230 but even with the 34 row oil cooler just not used to seeing temps over 210 even at the last track day granted though it was 75 at my last track day.

this was at like the almost 6pm at the track so everybody was gone I was literally one of the last people to leave so fortunately my no knowledge about car self wasn't stranded.
2009 370z Touring 7AT/AAM 2.5 true dual exhaust/AAM DE test pipes/z1 vqde35 headers/AAM cold air intake (R-line)/Motordyne M370/Quaife LSD/z1 brake upgd pkg/Swift Spec-R springs/WhiteLine Front&Rear sway bars with endlinks
Eighties Meta is offline   Reply With Quote