Thread: Car died today
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 12:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
yep, fuel starvation. Did you ever completely shut the car off before the guy gave you some gas? Happened to me on the track and I got towed off, but I think had I ever completely shut it off, and then retried, it would have reset itself.
It happened to me at Auto-X one time at around 1/4 tank, much harder driving and the cut was only a couple of seconds. This time the cut was permanent.

Yes, I tried shutting the car completely down and starting again but it made no difference. It would try to start but fail. I think perhaps if I was level ground it would have helped but pointing uphill is apparently a problem.

I only considered the sender because I broke mine in my old G35. Bent the rod that the float attaches to from excessive g-forces. The gauge got stuck at half tank, when the car started to splutter and noticed I had gone nearly 500 miles on a tank of gas I knew there was a problem.
ChrisSlicks is offline   Reply With Quote