View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #29 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
The PCV tubes that go from the head covers to the intake tubes (just in front of the TBs) are fresh air breathers that normally flow into the crankcase, not out into the intake tract. There can be odd reverse pressure conditions and/or backfires through them, but they also have some baffling to reduce that. Most of the fouling comes straight up out of the intake manifold itself.
Well they cant be pcv tubes since those are the hoses attached to the pcv going to the manifold. I at least wouldn't call them that. Anywho how would they flow into the crank case when the hose is attached to the intake tube? The intake tube is a giant vacuum cleaner sucking air out of those hoses. The intake sucks, it doesn't blow. Only way to over come the intakes vacuum is to have those lines going to the manifold which they do through all the hose work, valve covers, PCV etc. The manifold sucks air through the crank through all those lines. It's just more powerful than the TB's suction.

Hmmm I'd have to doubt that a little. Blow by coming up from the piston rings, out the valves, and into the manifold seems a little far fetched with a system that brings air in, not out. Since I've seen so much oil in the PCV hoses I'm going to say most of the fouling comes from them, not straight up and out the manifold.

Last edited by synolimit; 06-24-2013 at 04:55 PM.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote