View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 01:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

The Uprev software has treated me and my engine well. That said, I have been curious about the new EcuTek software, only because my impressions are telling me that it appears they have changed the tuning format to be more traditional, where the Uprev software is keeping the proprietary Nissan format while "unlocking" the required maps.

I feel there are things to appreciate about both methods. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have standard format ignition timing tables for my engine. But I do wonder if the advanced feedback compensations of the OEM system will be retained with this software? Will the knock feedback still work so incredibly well? Will the VVEL system integration still be entirely seamless for the driver?