View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #4988 (permalink)
gurneyeagle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 Audi TT RS
gurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
I didn't eat a whole lot (just a sandwich and some fruit and a cookie for lunch), but I did drink a lot of water throughout the day. I probably had somewhere around 8-10 20oz bottles of water, and I still felt slightly dehydrated when I got home.
From Boy Scout experience, I drank water (and pee'd) all day! If you aren't peeing at least once an hour, you aren't taking in enough fluids.

I know, a little too much information.

It was an incredible time on Saturday. Glad that we all got to participate. The thing that struck me the most was how much easier the GT-R's are to drive than the Z's.

I don't think I got over 120 mph in a Z, but easily hit 165 mph in GT-R on the back stretch, and it was effortless.

My biggest problem was that I had never driven a manual Z before; mine is a 7-AT. It wasn't that I couldn't drive it, but I had to think about my gear changes; they weren't natural to me. That was a bit distracting.

I was fine in my car until the oil temp got too hot to paddle shift - I was right above 255. I could definitely feel a bit of a loss in performance as it got hotter. In full auto mode, it just doesn't shift quickly enough. Matt has a 7-AT, but also has an oil cooler so he had no problem.

The instructor came up to me after one of the sessions in my car and asked why I started falling back. That's when I told him about the overheating/paddle shift issue. After that, I just stayed in a Nismo 370 and then the GT-R and had no problem staying up with him when it was my turn.

Again, what and amazing day.
Waiting on the Z35! SOLD - 2011 Gun Metallic Touring 7AT w Sports Pkg & Nav, Nismo Bumper and Rims, RC Grille, RC Brake Ducts, H&R Spacers, Painted Door Hdls, GTR Start Button, Nav By-Pass, EVO R Fog Light, CF Ducktail, CF Interior Trim