View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 07:57 PM   #215 (permalink)
Mr&Mrs
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: RZ34
Mr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoquad View Post
The used games market was more valuable to the average gamer and to the video game industry at large than the big publishers would like to admit. And sitting on your shelf, the games are not getting played and are utterly worthless. Traded in, maybe you buy a new game with some of the money, and maybe someone less fortunate or less confident in the title gets to play a game that they wondered about but couldn't afford or didn't want to spring for initially, and maybe they love the game and then buy the sequel new when they have more money or faith in the title.
They are not useless to me I sometimes like to throw in an old game and have fun. I have a stack of Old PSOne games I still play every once in a while. That is why I’m happy Sony is talking about doing an emulator for a lot of the classic titles. With the cloud gaming those less fortunate could have played the game without spending a dime. We also would have all had lower costs on new games because the developers wouldn’t have to make all their money off of people like me.

Quote:
I've had several outages last more than one day, and the "if you don't have internet you can get a 360" line is just plain ignorant. If I don't have internet, I'll get a PS4 and enjoy most of the same titles that are on the XB1. Plenty of people take consoles with them on vacation. I don't, but plenty do.
The 360 comment was an attempt to make light/humor on the stupid comment. It is true though. I agree the PS4 "was" a better choice if that was a feature you couldn’t live without.

Quote:
I have huge problems with big Microsoft messing with little indie gamer, but whatever, opinions are like pizza toppings
I guess from all the time I have wasted trying indie games I am little sour towards them. The bulk of them lack so much. It’s almost like singers/bands that will never make it big. It is hard to break into the industry. We all lose in both scenarios. I feel a little spammed by indie titles. I need to stop now before I go on another rant.

Quote:
Right, but PS4 will be less expensive and not require that annoying accessory.
The Kinect will eat your soul!

Quote:
It's nothing revolutionary if they've been doing it on PC's for a decade. It's not revolutionary. I wish that XB1 or PS4 was offering anything of real value in terms of revolutionizing the gaming market, but they just aren't. XBox is selling you convenience features, not improving the game console.
It is to the console gaming market. I get what you’re saying though, you have seen it and know it is being done on the PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoquad View Post
as much as MrandMrs and I have been going back and forth, I still respect him and his opinions a great deal. He's a good guy
Likewise, Im having a blast with this!