View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 06:28 PM   #204 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr&Mrs View Post
I never said I think its even worth a 1.00. It isnt worth it to me to let someone else rip off me and kids that dont know any better. These trade in places have ruined the resale of our used games. Almost how eBay drives down prices of collectables because you can hop online and find a bunch of the same item and people driving the prices down.
The used games market was more valuable to the average gamer and to the video game industry at large than the big publishers would like to admit. And sitting on your shelf, the games are not getting played and are utterly worthless. Traded in, maybe you buy a new game with some of the money, and maybe someone less fortunate or less confident in the title gets to play a game that they wondered about but couldn't afford or didn't want to spring for initially, and maybe they love the game and then buy the sequel new when they have more money or faith in the title.

Quote:
Yes I have. This is another one of those topics that was blown out of proportion. The odds of not having internet for more than 24 hours are slim to none. So up to 24 hours without internet you could game offline. Worst case your system validated 23 hours and 59 minutes before the outage. If your internet is down for more than 48 hours your probably without power as well. Plus if you dont have internet you can get a 360

Edit: The last thing im going to be thinking about on a vacation in the mountains with my Z is internet.
I've had several outages last more than one day, and the "if you don't have internet you can get a 360" line is just plain ignorant. If I don't have internet, I'll get a PS4 and enjoy most of the same titles that are on the XB1. Plenty of people take consoles with them on vacation. I don't, but plenty do.

Quote:
They are not throwing them away just forcing some of them away. No I do not have a problem with that.
I have huge problems with big Microsoft messing with little indie gamer, but whatever, opinions are like pizza toppings

Quote:
They went cheaper but the higher costs is to still off set the loss on the system. Parts alone are not the entire manufacturing process.
Right, but PS4 will be less expensive and not require that annoying accessory.

Quote:
You said it your self. It has never been done on a gaming console. No matter how you look at it, that is a revolution for this market. No word on Sony cloud, their heads are still up there from all their pre-sales. Which I am part of -
It's nothing revolutionary if they've been doing it on PC's for a decade. It's not revolutionary. I wish that XB1 or PS4 was offering anything of real value in terms of revolutionizing the gaming market, but they just aren't. XBox is selling you convenience features, not improving the game console.

Quote:
I do not like the social integration but that is just me as well. The new younger generation does want these things to happen. We are just getting older and dont like the change. Understanding it has made it easier for me. Whether we like it or not the changes are coming and as long as we enjoy video games its something to deal with.
lol get off my lawn you young whippersnapper *shakes cane*
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote