View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 05:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr750 View Post
Probably won't the short range detection of KA , instant on and lasers, I really don't feel it will help, much.

Trip is leisure so it will be a good mix of interstate , highway and local and being done on peak travel times. If the detector proves me wrong I will eat my own words , but I really doubt it.
Your already incredibly biased against it, so I don't expect it to irregardless of it's performance.

Yes there are ways out there that make radar detectors kinda nullified, and we accept that. Which is why all I'm saying is YOU as the driver can't just rely on the detector and do 95 in a 45 and think you'll be saved...

I have the detector as a back up in case my eyes don't see the cop first. If he get's me, he get's me. But I'm sure my detector will alert me that he is there either way.

For Short range Ka, you need to be cognizant of what your local or area cops are using, if they are using that, learn where they hide, predict their presence around long corners or blind spots and slow down on entry...

Instant on will still light up my detector because it's sensors are mounted where they actually point the guns, the front/rear tags. Not at the windshield which depending on distance, the beam width may not be wide enough to trigger a detector at the mirror. So that's an inherent problem with the LOCATION of the detector, not a fault IN the detector.

And with Lasers, if it's not illegal in your area, that's why they make Jammers/Shifters. As soon as you get an alert you're being lased and jamming, slow the **** down and cut them off after a cycle or two. Hopefully the cop won't pull you over for the jamming, but that's on you at that point.

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote