View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 12:59 PM   #783 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

GM

GM’s Reuss Justifies Decision to Allocate 2014 Corvette C7 Stingray to Select Dealers

Mark Reuss, president of GM North America, explained in a recent interview why Chevrolet is only allowing certain dealers to sell the 2014 Corvette C7 Stingray.

“We can only make a certain amount of cars in a certain amount of time, so the first allocations are based on where we have the biggest density of Corvette (buyers),” said Reuss. “I don’t think selling four Corvettes in the prior year is a tall order, because we’re not going to take away customers from dealerships that have really performed in Corvette markets.” Reuss had also noted that there are some “tradeoffs” to consider, particularly Chevy wanting to “make more cars faster earlier” but being under the gun to release the 2014 Corvette C7 Stingray “with this high quality.”

All things considered, Reuss had some very interesting comments about the ongoing controversy with 2014 Corvette allocation across dealerships. Still, experts believe General Motors’ business strategy for the new Corvette may have some less than pleasant ramifications, not only for dealerships, but for consumers as well. It could also result in a positive impact for other dealerships and buyers, though it’s too early to make any conclusive statements at this point. Furthermore, Chevy and GM’s plan to limit allocation for the new Corvette is only a temporary strategy, one that will only be in place during the preliminary launch, where inventory may still be quite limited.

Never worth buying a GM car year one... Too much politics and hype around GM to bother. If i consider a new vette? It will be year 3 or 4.

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 06-20-2013 at 01:05 PM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote