View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 09:27 AM   #32 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvitdk View Post
Really??? You can't drive a sports car and still try to maximize your mpg in DD condition and not racing? Strange thought!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailzs View Post
No doubt. I don't find it that hard to separate my DD from my pleasure driving.
You can't hammer your Z in traffic and I see no sense in throwing my money out the window, or out the tale pipe, when I don't have to. I do a 34 mile trip to and from work and have no problem getting 25-28 MPG in stop and go and hwy driving.
I never try to maximize MPGs in traffic. I downshift and engine brake a lot with minimal brake action in traffic, which does not help gas mileage. Frankly, I just try to avoid traffic - I have lots of alternate routes that get me where I need to go without sitting in stop and go traffic on the highway. If I want to conserve gas, I'll shift into 6th gear at 35 mph and coast in neutral when appropriate.

Driving the Z as a DD is very pleasurable when you're not worried about MPGs. I don't race the Z, so I have to get my kicks from my daily driving and the occasional weekend cruise. Sure, I don't sit up in the power band during my daily commute, but I'm not afraid to redline 1st and 2nd when the opportunity presents itself

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote