View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #5155 (permalink)
Haboob
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 GTI Autobahn DSG
Haboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan1080 View Post
Here's what ours looks like:

( Click to show/hide )

After a brief search, it appears that a box of the SLC scarfs was sent up here by mistake so here's what you're getting:

( Click to show/hide )
Got mine! "Proof through the Night". Also bought a Centennial kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saber View Post
the new crest on the 3rd kit (red with blue diagonal stripe) would look good, i'd think.
I don't like the sash on those kits. Just doesn't fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan1080 View Post
Awfully quiet down in Rio Tinto....
We tried! I thought for sure we were watching USA v. Italy with all of the falling and crying going on by Honduras, but they didn't even try to score. They were clearly playing for a draw, or loss - as was evident after we had scored.

Plus, the Seattle crowd is a more well-tuned machine.

In SLC you have people like me that only get to see the USMNT play a meaningful game once every four years. Beyond that, I don't get any practice with other USA fans on a regular basis for singing, chants, etc.

Sucks not living in a soccer town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saber View Post
It was quiet in Rio Tinto because Honduras kept breaking up the game, either through design or just sheer bad luck (how injury prone are they???)

Altidore had TWO quality goals, one of them just a smidge offside, but clinical finish. The one that counted was almost a carbon copy finish. Good to see the AZ Alkmaar version of Altidore showing up on the international stage.
Haboob is offline   Reply With Quote