Thread: Kansas City
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #1904 (permalink)
m3chhawk
Track Member

Drives: '11 370Z SPT 6MT BLK
m3chhawk has a reputation beyond reputem3chhawk has a reputation beyond reputem3chhawk has a reputation beyond reputem3chhawk has a reputation beyond reputem3chhawk has a reputation beyond reputem3chhawk has a reputation beyond reputem3chhawk has a reputation beyond reputem3chhawk has a reputation beyond reputem3chhawk has a reputation beyond reputem3chhawk has a reputation beyond reputem3chhawk has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't ever skimp on headers. So if you do want headers, either go with Fast Intentions or Momentum (whoever bought the rights, name escapes me at the moment). You can spend a little more money and get a MUCH better header.

Cheap headers nearly always have fitment issues. And sure the lifetime warranty is great, but that isn't going to cover your labor if a weld breaks. And trust me, you don't want to install headers on a VQ twice.

That being said, I would be willing to bet you won't see much for gains with these. Momentum and FI are the only ones I've heard that have made power. The stock VQ37 manifolds are built REALLY well. And for the money and install frustrations, you definitely want to make power.

Here are some pics of the VQ37 manifolds vs the VQ35's (courtesy of Boosted Performance) :