View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 09:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Fountainhead
Track Member

Drives: 2019 Civic Type R
Fountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuct View Post
I feel the same every morning when i depress the clutch to start the car. im like..... is today the day?
I swear, I find myself looking for opportunities NOT to use the clutch, then I start having fun and forget about it.
I just keep my fluid clear and fresh and don't hotrod or do crazy stuff, I haven't got the time to take it apart and change the CSC.

I had a Pinto for 12 years and absolutely beat it to death and never once had clutch problems. I rebuilt the motor at 130K for the fun of it and didn't need to change the pressure plate, clutch, or throw-out bearing. I did change the throw-out bearing just because. Of course, it was cable...my point being that it would be nice to have a MT Z that didn't engender worry about the CSC failing, so I could just drive and not have CSC gnawing at the back of my mind every time I shift. I'm learning to adapt though... the fun wins every time.

Is there a pattern where guys change their CSC to an aftermarket and soon after their MC fails? Maybe there is some hydraulic incompatibility with the aftermarket being of stouter material/workmanship takes more pressure to move the aftermarket the same distance?
Fountainhead is offline   Reply With Quote