View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #29 (permalink)
tiger123
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 AT Tour/Sport/Nav
tiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by street2soul View Post
I think I might actually understand why sprintbooster "works".

Given that when the pedal is pressed to the floor immediately:

stock car's throttle map will not actually open the throttle 100% as soon as you floor the pedal because the factory tune gradually increase to 0-70-100% in about 1-2 second.(almost like spooling turbo) (for factory smooth power delivery, and driveability.) This is why you don't get that kick to the back of your head when you punch the throttle.

Now with sprint booster, although it does not enhance the throttle response or get rid of the lag, it does signal the throttle to open fully 100% as soon as you hit the floor to the ground. almost like on/off switch.

This is perhaps why it feels the power comes alive, because throttle opens up as much as/ or more than you depress at that instant.
You are just about correct with your understanding. The only comment I would correct you on is regarding the throttle response and lag. Sprint Booster does eliminate them both.

That is why when two comparable cars with similar mods go at it, the car with Sprint Booster will be faster off the line due to zero lag. It screams out of first gear. It really is awesome.