View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #24 (permalink)
Chuck33079
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370ztt
Chuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///PureSwank View Post
It doesn't add power. All it does is shortens the response time and allows power output to come in SOONER then the stock OEM, similar to throttle by cable instead of our unfortunare throttle by wire. If we both would hammer it from a dead stop. My vehicle would throw out more power quicker and sooner at what ever percentage of downpress I have on my peddle then youes would even if we have the same % downpress applied to the peddle. Hence, I would out launch you through every gear.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
You're correct if the gas pedal on both cars is pressed down at the same rate. From the other thread, there's a better explanation of what it does. http://peony888.com/VS/SprintBooster.pdf

I can see it having a noticeable difference in part throttle applications. My issue is when you say something like "if we both hammer it from a dead stop", implying you're just going WOT as fast as possible. How long does it take to go from 0% pedal to 100%? It's less than a second. That doesn't allow a great deal of time to out accelerate the other car. I get that the people who are using this swear by it. I'm just saying that the device is basically amplifying the signal from the pedal by about 30%. If the same hypothetical car next to you was pressing the pedal 30% more than you at the same time, response would be equal. Also, from the white paper, the throttle pedal will be sending the car a WOT signal at around 2/3 travel, so the pedal ends up feeling "dead" above that. Their words, not mine.