View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 10:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
Mines 370z
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z
Mines 370z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0velMan View Post
Mines states they support JDM ECUs only. Also it is an ECU flash that doesn't use the OBD2 port, so far as I can determine, so you have to send the ECU in. To Japan. Just because a shop puts that they sell a product like that on their site doesn't mean they've ever actually sold one, just so you know. By all means call them and confirm whether or not they can offer the service in a timely manner though. I wouldn't feel comfortable shipping my ECU overseas, however, especially since it's basically a "one time tune" service and is probably expensive (everything else with "Mines" on it is).

As far as the other options, I invited you to read the threads that already exist for them. We aren't here to aggregate information that is readily available for you to read. If someone else wants to take up that task they are welcome to it, but I was simply trying to inform you of the other options and where to find more information.
You do have to send the ECU to Mine's so that they retain the original immobilizer function. Shipping overseas is not an issue for me. It's $1,009.00 for the reflash at Mine's.

I have read the other post and they don't give me the info that I want. I get speculation. I did come across a few of your questions related to this same topic as well. Again, I'm looking for personal experience.
Mines 370z is offline   Reply With Quote