View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 02:28 AM   #2560 (permalink)
simota1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: solid red 370z 6mt
simota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond repute

id like to share an interesting story with you guys....

i get a letter from nissan telling me my z has a recall.... "corrosion may form in the steering column joint. if vehicle continues to be driven in this condition,over time, it may lead to cracking of the steering shaft during low speed manuevers. In an extreme case where large steering inputs are required, the steering shaft may break, if this happens it may result in a loss of steering control and cause an accident"

so im like crap...... the stealership has to touch my car.... i call em up and say can they just give me the parts and ill install it myself... as many of you know im pretty over protective with my z so i dont just let anybody touch or work on her,

then they tell me they have no idea what the hell im talking about? i was like you guys sent me a letter stating all of this, they tell me im wrong and i didnt read it right... i hang up the phone and call my friend he tells me that the only recall that the 370z has is the steering lock failure....

they then ask the person who sent me the letter.... apparently the lady copy and pasted a recall for a frontier....

so whats the point of this useless story? well its that this forum has always warned me and helped me trouble shoot any problems whatsoever with my z.... i disabled my steering lock 2 years before they sent me a letter about it warning me thats why i love this forum so much

its kinda like a double edged sword... it helps me save lots of money.... BUT also helps me spend lots of money on making my z look nice

***TOP SECRET/POWERHOUSE AMUSE/ARC/DAYTONA RACING/VARIS/MINES/GANADOR/J-LINE/WORK EMOTION CR KAI/GT SPEC/CARBON SIGNAL/ZOOM ENGINEERING/ CARBON FIBER ELEMENT/STILLEN/***
simota1 is offline   Reply With Quote