View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 02:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYNO20 View Post
Hate to bump a thread that's a year old, but I can't find an answer as to whether its ok to take the TB's off the car when cleaning them or not. A lot of the info I can find is from the G35/37 group and some of them have issues with the idle after messing with the TB's.

For those of you who took the throttle bodies completely off the car to clean them (best way to do so imo) were there any issues afterwards?
I haven't done it but, as long as you don't mess up the electrical parts, I don't see how it could cause a problem. You will have to recalibrate the ECU/TBs but that appears to be a straightforward process. YMMV
I'm guessing that those with problems either did something to the electrical parts or their TBs were dirty enough that the engine had to do some re-learning after cleaning.

I'm with you on cleaning with the TBs removed. If they are dirty enough to need cleaning there is a risk of moving dirt into the manifold and engine. If I were cleaning them proactively (eg, every thousand miles), I would probably do it with the TBs installed.