View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 11:56 PM   #158 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwi View Post
Speaking of the Collision Avoidance Systems I seem to remember Audi caused a lot of people to freak out and think they were getting hit when it was the person chugging along with cruise control/collision voidance system active while driving lol
Happens all the time...

I'll be driving along, coming up on some minivan in the right lane, and my detector will go off with one of the lesser bands (K/X). It will be a light signal, maybe 1 bar, up until I get next to the car, then it goes to 2. After I pass them it goes away, so I just mute it while I'm passing them.

The 2 good things about the 9500ci I have, (and I believe the 9500ix has the same features), is that it has 3 modes, AUTO, AUTO NO X, HIGHWAY. The AUTO NO X mode turns off the X band part of detection so you won't get these "false" signals.

The other good thing is that even if one of these is going off, and it detects a Ka band, it will show the more police oriented Ka band. Not the "first detected, first shown" idea of some detectors I've seen.

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote