View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 11:12 PM   #151 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwi View Post
Driving this thread off topic but...
This roving radar, can they always be set to ON? Since I starting reading this thread and hooking the 'ol STI up. I noticed just how much activity is going on in my normal drive . I usually drive 5-10 over which means a lot of right lane driving, so no need to really care about getting hit with either laser or radar. Anyways, today I went to the gas station down the road and when I came over the hill the STI screamed KA hit and I saw a state trooper SUV parked at Subway about 150 yards away, I swung in the parking lot and I noticed that the trooper was inside enjoying his lunch and the detector was screaming at me still. I remembered reading your post and thought I'd ask.
tl;dr Can roving radar be set to always on?
A lot of times, cops will leave their radars or cars on, constantly emitting just to scare those that Do have detectors because they go off and slow down... So it's a passive way to slow down speeders.

Mine has gone off a few times from parked cars with no one in them. Doesn't need to be anything super schnazzy or new fangled radar system... just a cop who wants to mess with us commonfolk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonka2581 View Post
Hmmm I don't have a detector....

But I have master badge does that count? Lol JK JK...
Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express??

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote