View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 10:39 PM   #78 (permalink)
nismo09
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nismo
nismo09 is on a distinguished road

I know AK wanted some video of the new camber arms in action so here is the Nismo on track with the new camber arms. It is a long video (warm up lap to fuel starvation – that’s when I usually exit stage left because I can’t perform at top speed anymore) but I made this one first (of the weekend) for my green students father – he was in the car with me on this session for a father’s day gift on Sunday. If you can bare to watch it to the end, you will see/hear my fuel starvation coming through turns 2 – 1 (a big big right hand sweeper). Thank god it happened on the flat portion of the track (which it usually does but usually not this far down the turn) and not on the 8 degree banking (20 feet away). It was all I could do to control the car from snap over steering to the left when the rear end lifted up. If I had been on the bank – well the wall sure as **** could have come into play. Damn Nissan!!!!!

I will tell you this session was run with the temps at 98 degrees (with the humidity, weather bug said it felt like 107 – and trust me it did) and the track was definitely slippery. No excuses just the facts. Dad had a wonderful time. Dad is an old drag strip racer and I showed him what road racing (and why his son loves it) is all about. Glad to be of service. ;-) It was a good time had by all!!!!! It doesn't get any better than this as an instructor.

06.16.13 TWS CW The Nismo Having Fun on Father Day - YouTube
nismo09 is offline   Reply With Quote