View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 05:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
cinellipro
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z
cinellipro is just really nicecinellipro is just really nicecinellipro is just really nicecinellipro is just really nicecinellipro is just really nice

Correct, the horizontal leds stay in place on the cluster, they ARE removable so be careful when pulling the cover off. Which as I mentioned earlier you shouldn't be doing, but if you do, the cover itself is all that comes out. There are only outline holes for the leds and are painted over. I only had to mask the digital read window. The outline of the fuel tank and temperature symbols are indented and still readable after being painted (during the day). So there should be no confusion about which are the fuel and which are the temperature symbols. At first, I did scrape off the bottom portion of the gas tank symbol just to keep it looking like it came, but I realized that the design came inherently flawed and bulky so why keep it. In my case, I prefer it with the silhouette look because it makes the gauge look more set back into the cluster and more natural (my opinion of course) with the rest of the layout. If there is confusion about identifying the top and bottom leds in the future...uh then you shouldn't have painted it.

Last edited by cinellipro; 06-18-2013 at 05:38 AM.
cinellipro is offline   Reply With Quote