View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 12:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
chii370
Track Member

Drives: .
chii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannysrt8 View Post
the worst post of the year award
lol entertaining response. kinda durpy, but entertaining. I get the exclusivity thing, as there are what.... 500 some odd nismos like mine made per year, not quite that many sold? yeah the italia beats it hands down in craftsmanship and tech. but anyone who doesnt think 280g dropped into any normal car couldnt spank ANY super car on the market is ether an idiot, or knows absolutely NOTHING about cars at all. i see "technologically inferior" cars demolish these cash cows all the time in every form of racing they can possibly compete in. there is no law that states just because your car is made of carbon fiber, is mid engined, and has fancy electronic "make up for your **** driving" assists that its automatically the best option ever made ever. i have STUPID respect for supercars, the italia and GTR in particular. but they have their place.

on so many occasions i see some stupid little civic, or an old RX7, or those old cheap porche 914 "non GT" at the track and they have some serious cash tossed into them, no where close to 280 grand mind you, but still a lot and my first reaction is to roll my eyes. but then they just blow right by any stock supercar that shows up that day like its standing still. Im only arguing the principle of the thing, its 100% possible to simply brute force your way past superior engineering and their are much cheaper alternatives to doing so. 280g in a 370 nismo? U must be dense, full built race 4.2 stroker, TT kit, GT rear end, sequential shift gear box, all new suspension, some sticky race tires, you would be rocking a 1200+HP car and with some lightening your power to weight ratio would be far beyond a stock Ferrari of any kind. and it wouldnt come close to the price. its all just personal opinion. you buy a nice fast car because its already nice and fast and you dont have to **** with it. i get it. the same argument can be made against me that i just used. why spend 50k on a 370 fully loaded nismo when i could go buy an old vette, or mustang, or a supra and make it into a monster for less than i paid for my car retail. its all about what you got. if you really care enough to think OTHER people care that your watch is a rollex and not just a normal watch...... go for it, mine keeps time just fine. and anyone who argues that the nismo isnt a damn fine looker needs their head checked. If i was rich would i buy a Ferrari just to have it? yes. but unfortunately for me im not i guess, so im prepared to hear the only valid argument someone buying one of these can possibly make "your just jealous" hardly. i will spend my 280 on a nice place to live thank you :P
chii370 is offline   Reply With Quote