View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 05:59 PM   #69 (permalink)
Timmer1978
Base Member

Drives: '09 370z Touring
Timmer1978 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXTAZEE View Post
... Victoria wax was able to use a higher content of Carnauba wax. they also do not put abrasives in this wax. Just about every wax on the market contains abrasives. This is because people want a one step product that will clean some oxidation and seal the paint in one easy step. .
Could this be why I already have swirl marks on my one month old Z? I've done everything I could think of to keep swirl marks away. I rinse off the non-scratch sponge every time before it goes in the bucket for more soap but I am still noticing new swirl marks in the paint. I've noticed when I apply the wax with an applicator pad it feels abrasive but I really didn't know any way around that. I've used the maguiar's gold class in both paste/liquid.
I used a clay bar and then cleaned the car with the detailing spray before I waxed it, yet it still felt like it was scratching the paint when I applied the wax. I didnt realize you had to seal the paint though. So after I wash the car and get rid of the old wax I have to polish the car, then wax it?

I don't mind the extra work it takes to put on a carnuba wax or whatever works best. I just want to stop putting swirl marks in my paint and keep the finish looking as perfect as I can for as long as possible. I would like to wax the car again and try getting getting rid of the swirl marks this time without adding new ones.
Timmer1978 is offline   Reply With Quote