View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 07:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Shotta
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370z black M6
Shotta is a name known to allShotta is a name known to allShotta is a name known to allShotta is a name known to allShotta is a name known to allShotta is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottIN View Post
So I went to the Stillen site to see what kind of braces they were selling with the lip now. Not so I could buy from them, but so I could buy from someone else since they won't address the issue that so many of us are having.

Yes...I have a pouty lip.

But, the only lip listed on their site is now a Seibon. Hmmm...Did they finally realize they had a problem & pull it?

Anyway. Since mine is saggy now and I'm scared it will put so much downforce on the front of the car that it might rip it off, I guess I'll go the braces route. I prefer the cleaner look, but don't know what else to do since my underbrace idea didn't work. Any tips on braces? I do remember someone on here had done them - I'll just have to search & figure out who it was.
I think you had the right idea but choose the wrong adhesive for the application. I used a 3/4 wide aluminum L channel with no support rods and 100% urethane glue. Its been holding fine for 2 months with no signs of droop or the aluminum becoming unbonded.

Last edited by Shotta; 06-17-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Shotta is offline   Reply With Quote