View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #2170 (permalink)
dmhenderson
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: AWD TT 370z
dmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to behold

Just found this on reddit and it made me laugh a little:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy on Reddit
Stop reading **** on the internet.
This doesn't just apply to guitars, but anything you're into. Any hobby that's gear-related (guns, photography, motorcyles and guitars, in my case) is especially bad.

You need to understand that on the web, only the most extreme, expensive, and hardcore opinions get attention. The people who spout them are the loudest, the most repetitive, and usually the kind of people who spend all their time posting on web forums. Nothing but the most expensive, or the oldest, or the rarest, or the biggest pain in the *** will possibly do, and if you aren't doing it that way, you don't know what you're talking about and you aren't really trying. Over time, these people develop a lot of influence over web communities, and as a result opinions get pushed farther and farther to the extremes.

I've seen kids repeatedly **** up great motorcycles trying to add some part or tweak something because some ******* in Bumfuck told them the should. Seen kids sell great guns and buy some stupid, nearly-unusable foreign ******** because if you aren't using this weird-*** caliber, you just aren't serious. Seen people quit photography altogether because if you aren't carrying $10K in gear around your neck, and another $10K in the bag you never use, then you might as well give it up.

It's all ********, it's all stupid, and it's all frustrating as hell to watch.