View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 10:10 AM   #119 (permalink)
RoshDawg
Track Member

Drives: '13 911 C2S
RoshDawg has a spectacular aura aboutRoshDawg has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr&Mrs View Post
I seem to have found a privacy statement from Microsoft on the Kinect but I can not get on their website from work to check it out. I pulled this little bit of info for my previous question about two being in the same room.

You are in control of when Kinect sensing is On, Off or Paused: If you don’t want the Kinect sensor on while playing games or enjoying your entertainment, you can pause Kinect. To turn off your Xbox One, just say “Xbox Off.” When the system is off, it’s only listening for the single voice command -- “Xbox On,” and you can even turn that feature off too. Some apps and games may require Kinect functionality to operate, so you’ll need to turn it back on for these experiences.

There was alot more info on the Kinect and Privacy but im waiting until I can confirm it from a legit source before I post it all.

Edit: Here is the link Xbox Wire

Oh perfect for you then! You can just have one system use voice commands, while your wife's Xbox won't (heck you'll use those voice commands more than she would!)

Also check this out:
DayZ on the Xbox One? Ball is in Microsoft's court | Polygon
This is one of my all time games I have been looking forward to! I'm trying to shift away from pc gaming as my office is isolated, but my tv room connected to the kitchen (where she does her paperwork/vet school stuff stuff on the dining table, cooks in the kitchen or watches tv) is not isolated (and I spend enough time there as it is). And it's only fair to be in the same room when she's cooking for us. By then ill probably have both, but sucks that Xbox is not publisher friendly.

Last edited by RoshDawg; 06-17-2013 at 10:13 AM.
RoshDawg is offline   Reply With Quote