View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 01:37 AM   #74 (permalink)
Jsolo
Track Member

Drives: '12 G37 6MT
Jsolo is just really niceJsolo is just really niceJsolo is just really niceJsolo is just really niceJsolo is just really nice

I read through this entire thread and really feel for the OP. Sounds like this dealership needs to retrain some its techs. Given the rarity of 6mt's the go through the shop, I imagine a more senior tech would be the one working on your car.

As for the repair job itself, more damage should not have been caused. Keep pushing until they make it right, including replacement of any scratched/damaged trim or other damage that wasn't there.

As always, if the car is in good condition, it's best to do a thorough walk around with the SM and notate any preexisting damage. Most service writers/customers are too lazy to do this. Ultimately, it's in the customer's best interest to do so. The suggestion above about taking odo pics is a good idea too. The service writer should also provide you with some paperwork indicating date/time/mileage of the car when it was brought in. Any preexisting damage should also be notated. I'd go a step further and place a DO NOT WASH flier inside the car/noted on the RO - dealer car washes = more scratches.

Finally, with respect to your 5th gear issue, how well does the shifter slide into gear with the car running, clutch depressed, but not moving? Is the feel similar to 6th gear/other gears? Also keep in mind this is a new/rebuilt trans. There is a breakin period. I can't recall if I had any issue with mine going through the gears when new, but definitely would expect it to loosen up with more miles.

For sale links
Jsolo is offline   Reply With Quote