View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 09:18 PM   #4899 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

i wanted to install my AOS but as i started to i knew i had to move the windshield washer fluid bottle. so i cut the wires to the plug and added length. then i hid them and the hose running the fluid to the spray nozzles through the rubber grommet into the cab. then i ran them to the trunk following wires that were already there so they are all hidden and out of sight. i still need to find a small little square plastic white bottle i can mount because the OEM one is to odd shaped. i'll just drill and tap the bottle and put a fitting on it to match the OEM pump with a hose. its like a 1/2 ID hose i'll need.

now i can install the AOS. i mounted it out of the engine bay since i believe most of what people catch in their catch cans is water! it looks like its all oil but its not. going from ambient temp to 200* back to ambient over and over causes a lot of condensation in a hollow big metal can. out of the engine bay the only temp swings will be a couple of degrees. this might also help with power since the manifold sucks hot dirty oil vapor into the engine from the PCV's. having the hot air go out of the engine where the outside air will hit it and cool the AOS down, the air returning to the manifold will be much cooler.

FYI, the reason i call it an AOS is because its not just a catch can. there is internal baffling that separates the oil from the air. at the bottom of the AOS is a hose with a plug that you just pull when you do an oil change and everything in the AOS will come on out. if need be you can also just pull the AOS off and break it apart to clean it real good.

Last edited by synolimit; 06-16-2013 at 09:24 PM.