View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 08:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Caustic
Base Member

Drives: '02 Acura NSX
Caustic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr&Mrs View Post
This day and age the only way to stay away from big brother is being off the grid. The fact you even post on this forum ruins that, you have been logged not matter what you do to your personal system/network. We could go way off topic with that, but I just had to say those couple words
No question, but my issue is the degree of importance. I find it ridiculous that an entertainment system for something as trivial as video games has elements of DRM, lockdown on ownership of items we buy, information reporting, and general inconvenience just to play a damn game.

When entertainment has elements and issues that I have to "just deal with" or overcome so I can have fun, it puts a damper on things. We don't even own the games we buy. I can't go to my buddy's house to show off my new game without having to jump through hoops. I can't lend it to him if I wanted to, I can't resell it if I want, I can't even give it to my girlfriend's little brother after I am done with it and collecting dust.

So if my internet connection is down for 2 or 3 days for some dumb reason, I'm SOL to play my $60 single player games on my $400 console?

I think it is complete arrogance on MS's part. And I have choice of whether or not to buy it.

Sorry to rant and it wasn't really directed to you Mr&Mrs.

Last edited by Caustic; 06-16-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Caustic is offline   Reply With Quote