View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 04:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
Denny McLain
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z, 96CE hotrod
Denny McLain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modshack View Post
You don't understand...This was a catastrophic failure of a part...It probably wasn't simple excessive oil usage that you could keep track of . Same thing happened to Lou Fusz's car here.
A seal went or something that literally pumped the entire oil supply through the engine in a real short period of time (minutes in Lou's case if I'm not mistaken).

Nissan replaced his engine as well. Stuff happens.
Sure it throws up a red flag for Nissan and they will get it handled, but....... we are talking two separate significant issues.

By no means heard of two cars doing this from such a small amount of these on the road. Someone in Chicago said they had never seen another 370 on the road. Except for sitting in a dealership, can count the number seen in person on one hand (3) and live in a fairly affluent area. (not me.....the area )

A quart of oil in 1,500 miles in a new car? Got to be upfront...... Would personally have never thought to check the oil level that often on a new car. Never had to and never ever seen my wife even open a car's hood.

Regardless if the dealer fixes them or not, it's a real hassle. The last dealership rental car I had was pretty beat up and smelled like dog pee. Not that I have an image to keep up, just don't care to drive a pee smelling rental beater over a new Z.
Denny McLain is offline   Reply With Quote