View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Z_ealot
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Touring/Sprt
Z_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegPei View Post
If any of you are planning to go to Vegas or any part of Nevada this summer, be on the look out for the Nevada highway patrol's stepped up enforcement of the "Move-over" law.

NHP Enforces 'Move Over' Law - 8 News NOW

Basically, if you see an emergency vehicle on the shoulder with flashing lights and you are on the adjacent lane, you must perform a "safe lane change" away from the adjacent lane.

How do I know this is for real? Why, I was one of the target of this enforcement effort, of course.

I am convinced the dude picked my MB Z out of the crowd because our Zs are just so eye catching.

This was such and easy thing to catch since while I was sitting on the shoulder with the cop's flashing lights behind me, 80% of the cars that zoomed by did not change lanes.

This is actually consider a fairly major violation in Nevada - same as exceeding the speed limit by 31-40 MPH. I would've gotten a $395 fine and "4 points" (Nevada speak, still translates to 1 point in CA".)

Fortunately, I was able to get it reduced to a parking violation and the fine reduced by half through a Nevada traffic attorney with only $50 attorney fee.

Happy summer and stay safe everyone!!
so what happens if its just a little 2 lane back country road, they expect you to merge into oncoming traffic?
Z_ealot is offline   Reply With Quote